- Ten years experience in professional writing and editing.
- Broad background spanning academic publishing, technical writing, and digital marketing.
- Author of peer reviewed academic publications and conference presentations.
- Ghostwritten countless books, whitepapers, research reports, and articles.
- Written and edited for APA, MLA, Chicago, AAA and many house editorial guidelines.
Freelance Business Writer June 2014-Present
- Writing for major names in entrepreneurship, general business, digital marketing, and more.
- Work has appeared in industry-leading blogs, news sites, online magazines, and print publications.
- Clients include consultants, marketing platforms and SaaS companies, such as email automation, CRM, predictive advertising, and more.
Bylined client list:
- Buildapreneur, staff writer April 2018-Present
- Retirement Rehab, staff writer/editor September 2016-Present
- Logojoy, contributor October 2017-May 2018
- DiscoverCRM, writer June 2016-March 2017
Other bylined contributions:
Freelance Editor June 2014-Present
- Self-help books, technical editing, academic content, English as a second language, web copy, business and entrepreneurial topics
- Substantive editing, copyediting, proofreading for independent clients and publishing companies
- Beta reading and manuscript critique
- Page layout, typesetting, and formatting for publication
Academic Writer and Editor August 2011-May 2014
- Research assistant at Washington State University, Pullman, WA, USA
- Co-authored and provided editorial support for academic research papers
- Edited articles and book chapters for content, clarity and length
- Ensured proper formatting, style and referencing for various publishers
2014 Master of Arts in Anthropology
- Summa Cum Laude, Evolutionary Concentration, Washington State University-Pullman, WA, USA
- Thesis Title: Maternal Energy Allocation and Investment among Central African Foragers and Farmers
- Fieldwork: Ethiopia as Assistant Project Director, Central African Republic as Field Crew Member
2012 Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology, Minor in Spanish
- Magna Cum Laude, Washington State University-Pullman, WA, USA
- Fieldwork: Central African Republic as Field Crew Member
Meehan, C.L., C. Helfrecht, and C.D. Malcom
2016 Implications of Lengthy Development and Maternal Life History: Allomaternal Investment, Peer Relationships and Social Networks. In Origins and Implications of the Evolution of Human Childhood. C.L. Meehan and A.N. Crittenden, eds. School of Advanced Research (SAR) Press.
Danyel, Courtney and Connie Brentford
2015 The Write Life: Beat Writer’s Block, Increase Productivity and Maximize Your Word Count Every Day. Kindle Direct Publishing.
Meehan, C.L., R. Quinlan and C.D. Malcom
2013 Cooperative Breeding and Maternal Energy Expenditure among Aka Foragers. American Journal of Human Biology 25(1):42-57.
Amharic-introductory reading and oral comprehension
French-intermediate reading and oral comprehension
Sidamic-advanced reading and oral comprehension
Spanish-advanced reading and intermediate oral comprehension
Need a freelance writer or editor? Contact me to inquire about my services.